AN OPEN & ORGANIZED INFORMATIVE BLOCKCHAIN DISCUSSION AND DEMOS!
*This ones going to sell out fast. Limited seating available.*
Want to learn what blockchains are all about? From theory to implementation, this discussion meetup has you covered. With hands-on exercises, we are looking to help you understand how to frame your understanding and use of blockchain.
DISTILL MONTHS WORTH OF INDEPENDENT RESEARCH INTO HOURS
Blockchain technology represents a fundamental shift in how we add value to a system by removing the need for trusted third parties; it essentially creates singular truths. This creates the opportunity to build organizations, agreements, governments, and social networks never thought of before. The internet allowed people around the world to connect digitally. Blockchain allows people to transact and pass data back and forth in a decentralized, more transparent, more secure way.
It is still early days, but we are looking to help others interested in the subject gain a solid foundation and understanding of how consensus is achieved in distributed systems, how smart contracts can facilitate automated business logic, the different types of blockchains available, and why this technology is going to disintermediate industries.
- Hands-on discussion about bitcoin and wallets and blockchain explorers
- Technical overview discussion: Hashing, Mining, Nonces and Difficulty
- Use cases of blockchains: Supply Chain, Insurance, Finance and More
- Varieties of blockchains: Public, Private, Hybrids
- Blockchain deficiencies
- Hands-on with blockchain products
- Launching your own blockchain?
- Group hands-on: Creating a blockchain service
- There will be refreshments served.